IBM Cognos TRAINING COURSES:
IBM Cognos for SunGard K-12 Users
The SunGard K-12 clients have spoken and we have heard your message: “We need more thorough Cognos training!” We have worked diligently with our Cognos Preferred Services Vendor, Capitalize Analytics, and formal training is ready to be scheduled!
What classes are available?
- Report Studio Fundamentals (2 days) for eSchoolPLUS, eFinancePLUS, and BusinessPLUS
- Report Studio Advanced (2 days) for eSchoolPLUS, eFinancePLUS, and BusinessPLUS
What defines a “formal” class?
- Each day has 75-100 pages of supporting materials with lessons, exercises, tips/tricks, and more – all with detailed instructions, screenshots, etc.
- The classes are built using the same SunGard database and Model you are familiar with (with scrambled data).
- A certified instructor will lead the class and answer any questions as they come up.
- The classes cover the material required to become an IBM Certified Designer – Cognos 10 BI Reports – http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/certs/47000202.shtml
How can YOU attend and/or host?
- Send us an email letting us know which classes you are interested in, and approximately how people from your district will attend.
- When we have enough people to run the class, we will reach out to the group for dates, districts who are interested in hosting, and other logistical details.
- When more than 7 individuals register for the class, the host district receives 1 free registration!
Q: Can we do a private class? A: Of course! As long as you have 6 people from your district registered, we can run a class just for your district!
Q: What if we want training on something other than Report Studio? A: If enough interest is generated, we’re happy to create formal materials for other Cognos products. However, we often do small group “mentoring” for specific functionality (Framework Manager, Event Studio, Workspace, etc.) that is tailored to your precise need.
IBM Cognos is a major asset to school districts around the country and here at Capitalize, we want to help you get the most out of this powerful reporting tool. Contact us for more information regarding dates and if your district would be willing to host others. We look forward to working with you!