Your business is made up of many pieces and to truly know your business, a complete view, current and past, is needed.
Very few IT Buzz Words cause as much confusion as “Data Warehouse.” We believe that a Data Warehouse is a very real and attainable goal that can start as a small project and grow to support your enterprise. The value of a Data Warehouse is real and with the correct guidance and strategy, every organization regardless of size, can realize that value.
What is it?
In a nut shell, it’s a centralized storage space for data from multiple sources, providing a consolidated view that is optimized for fast and easy reporting. Business users can quickly access important data from a number of sources, all in one place, which allows them to make critical business decisions, quickly – no more wasting precious time digging around to find data from multiple sources.
Why use it?
- Collect data from multiple sources and integrate it into a single database so a single query engine can be used to depict the data.
- Maintain data history
- Integrate data from multiple source systems, enabling a central view across the entire company.
- Improve data quality and flagging or even fixing bad data.
- Consistently present reliable information for the organization.
- Provide a single common data model for all data of interest regardless of the data’s source.
- Streamline the data so that it makes sense to all of the business users.
- Restructure the data so that it delivers excellent query performance.
- Add value to operational business applications.
Get a consultation
Schedule your complimentary consultation with one of our data warehousing experts today. We are here to guide you through the steps involved in the data warehousing project cycle.